Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:51:49 -0500
From:         dylan friedman <insyncro@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: worth of late model Vanagons/eBay

The story continues.

I just got off the phone with Keith, the seller of the van, I admit, I offered to pay what we had discussed earlier in the week.

Here is the ad.

This 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon Carat is absolutely gorgeous inside and out. A Southern Calif. Diamond with only 62,000 original miles. Mechanically this Vanagon needs nothing as everything is in working order. ie; A/C blows Ice Cold and has Rear A/C as well, all electrical such as power windows etc are all in working order Automatic Transmission shifts perfectly and the motor runs perfect. The Grey Velour interior is in New condition as you can see from the pictures. If you are looking for something extra nice please consider this Vanagon. This vehicle can be driven anywhere in the U.S. without hesitation. Feel free to call if you need any further information on the car. 626-253-1946. The RESERVE is set VERY LOW considering the nice condition of this vehicle. I will require full payment 5 days after the auction ends. Calif. license is current through 7/2004 and has a current Calif. Smog Cert. Thanks, Keith

The winner of the auction had her 90 Carat totalled just weeks ago. It had over 115k and the insurance company paid her $11,000 for it. She bought this van, had enough change to have it shipped to the Pacific Northwest and gained many miles too boot.

Who says Vanagons aren't worth anything.

dylan ----- Original Message ----- From: "dylan friedman" <insyncro@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 7:34 PM Subject: worth of late model Vanagons/eBay

After talking to the seller of the 1991 Carat with 62k miles that ended today on eBay, I am kicking myself. He was willing to let it go for $5500. Well, it ended up at $10,200. If the buyer actually pays, wow, that is a lot of money for a van. Sure looked sweet.

dylan