Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Mar 2004 02:03:36 -0500
From:         Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Most common VW metric threads?
Comments: To: "J. Harvey" <jtharvey2@HOTMAIL.COM>

i would go for

6 x 1.0 8 x 1.25 8 x 1.5 10 x 1.25 10 x 1.5

i recommend these sizes but i work on a lot of different volkswagens i don't know if you would need all of these on a vanagon. most average bolts/studs such as the ones that hold the headers on are going to be 8 x 1.25. i echo davids advice that you might only want to buy plug or bottoming taps if you are going to be chasing threads. i would watch the industrial suppliers for sales and buy these piece meal as they are on sale. jlindustrial.com is my local company and i have had good luck with them and they often have this stuff on sale as they sell to alot of the metal shops in the auto industry in michigan. on their main page they have their sale catalogs listed as pdf's thats the place to look.

jonathan