Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:47:54 -0800
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: recycled german parts / eBay
Comments: To: Joachim Beek <vw@BEEKNET.NET>

I think the rating system on eBay is over rated. Let's look at a scenario...

You but a CD for $5 and $5 shipping, payable by PayPal, you send the seller $10 within 15 minutes of the auction closing and a quick email to follow up that you have paid for the item. To me, you the buyer did everything right, more than speedy and very courtious.

Two weeks later, you recieve nothing, you contact the seller and about 5 days later you get an email stating some excuse for not sending it.

Two weeks later, you still recieve nothing, you contact the seller and he says he sent the item two weeks ago by Fed-Ex, but he lost the paper work and he has no tracking number.

Two weeks more go by, nothing, realising it is only $10, you fire away a negative feed back stating "Lot's of prompting, lots of excuses, waited 6 weeks and no show of the goods" - This is fair right!?

Then the next day YOU get a negative feed back stating something bogus even though you did everything right?

Is this fair? No... and eBay won't do a damn thing about it either.

My policy is not to give feed back on any item I sell until I get feed back from the buyer - I have sold many items and have never recieved feed back from the buyer. I'm tired of giving postive feed back and getting nothing in return.

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models

Due to the large volume of email we receive, PLEASE include previous emails when responding. This will allow us to read the complete dialogue in one message and will result in quicker and more accurate responses.