Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:29:54 -0600
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      eBay Feedback / recycled german parts
Comments: To: john@AIRCOOLED.NET

As a frequent eBay used, I have wrestled with this quandary. The single piece of negative feedback I have was retaliation for negative feedback I left for them. eBay DOES have a way of dealing with this. It isn't easy, but you can go through their free non-binding arbitration process.

I ended up going through this non-binding arbitration process the one time I received negative feedback. Unfortunately, although the person that left the feedback participated in the mediation, he refused to follow the mediator's recommendation.

I very carefully chose my wording for my feedback. I wrote, "Non-Payer $300 bid Didn’t read description or agree to mediator’s recommendation." I think that says it all. It was a high dollar auction that he chose to bail on. In addition, he refused to follow the mediator's recommendation. Would you want him as a buyer? Just carefully choose your words in your feedback.

It is VERY important that you leave negative feedback when it is warranted. The feedback forum isn't a mutual appreciation society. It is the basis of the trust upon which eBay is founded. Without trust, eBay won't work. I strongly urge everyone to always leave the appropriate feedback - positive, neutral, or negative. If you are leaving neutral or negative, please try to work out your differences before feedback is left.

Cheers, Bruce