Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:15:19 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NVC: ebay & Negative Feedback
Comments: To: motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM

Thanks for the heads up. Though this list is about VW Vanagons Eurovans etc, when there is someone here or there out to get someone it's nice to have a vigilant member shout a warning.

As far as ebay goes, the heads up I get on the list may be the difference between winning and being scammed.

Though I like many don't like to see threads go on about non-VW topics, since there has been attempts by newbies who mean us harm(as we all witnessed this past week)

Some one among us may have been victimized or at least helped out a radical hate group member and live to regret it.

Of course, he did'nt have a chance be so obvious as he was. But some of these more subtle ebay scammers prey on us and they are in the Vanagon category on ebay, waiting for their next meal.

Since memebers of this mailing list shop on eBay , I think giving the warnings helps not only ebay but the list as well. Troublemakers don't last long here, which is the main reason why the Vanagon list is the best list in the world.

In my humble opinion.

Robert 1982 Westfalia

----Original Message Follows---- From: Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM> Reply-To: Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: NVC: ebay & Negative Feedback Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:48:36 -0600

David,

Respectfully, if you do that, you are just letting the rats win. At times you must say, " Enough is enough! I won't stand for this." I feel like I owe it to other honest members to let the truth be known. One tactic that I have found to be effective is a comment with the negative feedback that says something the the effect of, "For more details on this sub-par eBayer, please feel free to contact me." That will give you plenty of time to tell the whole story.

There are so many good eBay folks out there, we must weed out the bad.

Chant along with me, "Kick the bad eBayers down the block. Kick the bad eBayers down the block."

Fight The Good Fight! Bruce

> >I will think twice in the future before leaving negative feedback for >someone who has scammed me, because I know I'll get my feedback rating >dinged if I do. Might be better to just walk away. > > >David Brodbeck, N8SRE >'82 Volkswagen Diesel Westfalia >'86 Volvo 240DL wagon

_________________________________________________________________ Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar – FREE! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200414ave/direct/01/

Robert 1982 Westfalia 1987 Wolfsburg

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/