Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:32:09 -0800
From:         developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: recycled german parts / eBay
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

ABOUT THE FEAR OF GETTING NEGATIVE eBay feedback. I wonder if many of us wrote to eBay explaining the flaw in the system if they would find a solution. I too chose not to leave negative feedback for a jerk who would only leave feedback if he got a positive first. This person obviously manipulates the system. I wrote to eBay once about it but got no response. If MANY of us write and complain maybe this can help improve the feedback system. I also have only one negative from a nasty seller who misrepresented the transaction. EBay promised to review and remove it way back then but never did and NOW they are too big to bother with just one person like me asking for fair play.

I propose that we all contact eBay and state the problem clearly. Only then will we get rid of the scammers and the dishonest people who manipulate the system. If we all just walk away then the problem gets worse. I know it is annoying but until we all persist in contacting eBay about their flaws they will not improve. After all it is in their best interests to improve their system.

William