Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:13:46 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: ?Polisher/Buffer or Sander/Polisher?

http://www.porter-cable.net/porcab736var1.html By the way .......... don't get cheated on E bay it's only a $124.00 tool that I've seen go for near $200.00 to un educated buyers on E bay.

Stan

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=10625 This system is praised by many Porsche owners with $5000.00 paint jobs. Once in a while you can find one of the polishers on E bay in the 100$ range.

Stan Wilder

In any situation it will be work. Use a terry towel and apply glaze (I like Production Products for this), use orbital or elbow grease to work it into the paint then wax to seal the shine in(you can use an orbital for that--any brand orbital is ok for me) and always finish off with a terry cloth towel. Save that big old buffer for taking out scratches--Meguires makes a good self-dissapating compoundthat wont leave you with too much dust. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Last" <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 3:02 PM Subject: Re: ?Polisher/Buffer or Sander/Polisher?