Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Mar 2004 07:25:03 -0600
From:         "Warren.K.Lail-1" <wlail@OU.EDU>
Subject:      hydraulic lifter article
Comments: To: ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@verizon.net>

Thanks Bob. That is an excellent article, and you are being VERY helpful, especially considering that I purchased my engine from a competitor. Thank you so much for your help and advice.

I don't know what happened to this engine. When I first started it up it ran fine. Within a hundred miles it became doggy, pops back through the exhaust, lopes, and runs like crap. So far, nothing has helped. Today I will change the distributor, ECU, and pop the valve covers.

Because my engine is assembled, I guess I should try the "in the past" method that you mention. I'm a bit of a novice, so when you say set the lash at .006, do you mean bring the cylinder to TDC and use my feeler gauge to set the clearance at .006? Then run it for a while? I've never adjusted valves before, so wish me luck!

Bob, I really appreciate your help. You're a real asset to the list.

Warren Lail 88 Westy "Billy Bones" 87 GL "Long John"

----- Original Message ----- From: ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@verizon.net> Date: Sunday, March 21, 2004 6:17 am Subject: Re: a new beginning on B. Bones