Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:54:15 -0500
From:         Kurt Camealy <camealy@CTSR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Very soft brake pedal unless it is pumped?

Well I bled the brakes as advised and the problem went away. At least for a few days... Now the pedal is slowly getting softer each day. Again I can pump it twice and it firms right back up. The pedal also doesn't keep falling once it reaches its firm point if I hold it down. I am assuming air is entering my system somewhere. The only problems I had when doing the work below was a slightly leaking rear drum cylinder if the piston comes out too far and I also accidentally dropped one of the front calipers and it stopped hard hanging by the flex line. However over these few days I have checking that front line and there is no fluid leakage and the reservoir has not dropped at all.

Any ideas?

Kurt 87 Wolfsburg GL