Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:58:43 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Mania
Comments: To: KEN FRY <twidlets@MSN.COM>

My 90 GL with folding bed, fancy stereo, and killer homemade roof racks for the water-ridin' toys is the second best(read favorite) vehicle I've ever owned. The first most favorite vehicle was a really cherry 1963 356B Porsche coupe that eventually inherited a super 90 engine. The Vanagon gets me to work, hasn't broken down but a few times, sleeps like my bed at home, and gets me to the golf course and the rivers and lakes I wish to paddle. My 15 year old son thinks it's geeky and would rather walk home from school than get picked up in it.

Having bestowed all this positive karma on it(son notwithstanding), maybe it will run for another 190k.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel

At 08:47 PM 3/22/2004, KEN FRY wrote: >This is my take on it. I own a new Kia that's gets 35 mpg that I drive to >work 100 miles a day and let my wife drive the Van around town during the >week with the kids. But when Friday night comes around that little >miserable Kia Rio Wagon just sits till Monday Morning. I live for the >weekends and our Wolfie Van. We are known for our van, gets waves around >our little town and a whole lot of peace signs, don't get any in the Kia. >And the best thing our 9 and 12 year old kids just love our van, and tell >all there friends about all the good times we have had in it. >And the next neat thing is my dog Daphnie ( giant schnauzer ) knows when >its Saturday morning and our ealy morning drive just the two of us. >And the greatest thing is it has been very little upkeep except for >routine stuff