Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:09:35 -0500
From:         Todd Olson <thatbusguy@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Buses By the Beach - Camping and Car Show

Hi Fellow Volk Folks,

Camping time is almost here! It’s just about time to wake those buses up from their winter slumber. Buses By the Beach.com would love for you to come out and make it to one of our campouts this year. We are a loose group of VW enthusiasts in West Michigan that get together and have a great time. We don’t have any officers and we refuse to call our group a club. We just want to keep it fun and informal and do some good at the same time. Although we are in West Michigan we draw people from all over the Good ol’ US of A and Canada. These events are designed to be benefits for burn survivors. We raise money by receiving donations from campgrounds, organizations, and by having BBQ’s, raffles and selling t-shirts and stickers. We apply the money we receive to a charitable giving matching grant foundation to make a little money into a lot of money for our charities.

This year we have three events planned. May 21, 22, 23 we are planning the 2nd annual Burn Survivors Car Show and Campout. We have lots of great activities planned for the whole family. We are going to have BBQ ribs, music, campfires, train rides, canoe/kayaking and a VW item raffle. There will be over 500 cars at the Car Show on Saturday (All makes). But don’t be intimidated by the car show. (the rustier, the better) We are all about celebrating our life style with the vehicles we love and showing people how much fun we can have with a box on wheels. On Sunday we are cara-bus’n (caravanning) to the Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Show sponsored by VW Trends in Ypsilanti, MI. They are a major sponsor in our event and they have extended a special invitation for us to come and be official participants in their car show.

We are also planning a one day, all VW, fun event June 12 called “Volks Folks at the Zoo” in Lansing, MI. We are meeting at Westphalia, MI and cara-bus’n/cara-bug’n/cara-ghia’n to Potter Park Zoo in Lansing. Then this fall we are going to have the 2nd annual “Bus Boo!” September 17, 18, 19. It’s a Halloween theme campout near the beaches of Lake Michigan.

For more information on any of these events or to see pictures of past events go to www.busesbythebeach.com

Be sure to click on the “Mailing List” link if you want to be updated on future events.

Wishing you many miles of smiles in your VW’s!

The Volks at Buses By the Beach.com

Todd Olson

Grand Rapids, MI

Todd.olson@charter.net