Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:14:05 -0800
From:         Mike Ray <svomikey1@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      XM radio and ski rack comments for the archives....

Hi All, I don't get on the server much these days but here's some randomness for a Wednesday.

I've moved to CO! Yeah me! This allows for better skiing than GA. I "built" a ski rack to fit on my Fiamma "Carry-Bike". Works pretty well.

If y'all like you can see it here:

http://www.sage-tech.net/svomikey/view_album.php?set_albumName=Campers_cabins&page=3

It's a chunk of wood that was painted at the same time as I installed and painted the new top on my van. Glued foam on top of the wood to allow the ski binding to sit comfortably.

2ndly XM Radio and a VW Westy.

I've been in the Satellite industry for years. Finally got the Delphi Roady, the cheapest XM Radio out there (ebay of course). It comes with the little 2"x 2" antenna w/ magnetic base. Here's what’s cool: It appears that the magnetic base turns whatever metal it is attached to into the antenna!

This allows you to simply place the antenna INSIDE a Westy on the metal roof right next to the poptop release mechanism.

Even though it's entirely covered by the fibreglass top, it works GREAT. There need not be any external mounting point added to the vehicle!

Thought that may be of interest to some folks out there!

Good traveling! I now know how slow a Wasserleaker is 13K+ feet!!!! OMG!!

Mikey & Eeyore (`87 Westy)

Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.