Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:17:22 -0500
From:         Kevin <antelopewesty@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Free torque,  Injector cleaning and balancing

Hi Volks, I while back I had sent my injectors out to be cleaned at injector.com. This was a well tuned van running good with plenty of power for a 2.1. before I put my newly cleaned injectors back in, I was having some VS but that is another story that was solved before I put the injectors back in (I keep a spare set). Yesterday I took the van for its first real test run on a good hilly stretch of highway. The van is no faster but has more torque pulling up hills never dropped below 60 on a hill that used to get me down to 55. Another hill in town that would almost get me down to 2nd I can now fly up in 3rd. Here is what the cleaning place found: 3 of my spray patterns were off, all were very dirty on the reverse spray test (I run Tectron once a month so this was a bit of a surprise, also a new filter in November) and was 11.5% difference between the best and worst injector. After cleaning all spray patterns were good, none leaked, and were 1.5% within each other. The cleaner told me these injectors are very reliable and just need a good cleaning and balancing once in while, these are original according to my service records. Unfortunately due to the warmer temps of spring I don't think I can do any accurate mileage tests because my van always gets better mileage in warmer weather anyway. I just wanted to share my experience with this service as it only costs a little more then 1 new bosch injector and may save someone some money. I have no interest in injector.com I am just a very happy customer. Only question I would have is does anyone know if I should have my van retuned with an exhaust gas analyzer? Going up hill faster, Kevin 87 Westy Burlington VT