Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:50:20 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <strtbug@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      insane vw vanagon find
Comments: To: not a vw club <not_a_vw_club@yahoogroups.com>

Hi all i presently have a 85 westi 1.9L stock. been looking for a 77 to 82 westi for a replacement. perfered 80 to 82 vanagon westi. found one in texas found out today 30 minutes b-4 i got the cash to him he traded it to someone else. just didnt make it. in the past week ive had lots of locals calling me letting me know they have vws for sale like im a classifieds ad or something. so this guy that ive met a few times called and said he had his 84 7 passanger vanagon for sale or something. i said i would look at it but im not to interested since its the year im not looking for. so i posted it to the locals if intested let me know for his number. so today since it rained all day and that the deal for this 81 westi was a flop i decided to call this guy and ask if he still wanted me to look at it. he said sure he wants it to move soon since he is ripping down his 1 car garage and putting up a 3.5 car garage real soon and needs it moved. he has 4 porsches a 55 a 64 vert, a 70s 911 and a 02 boxster. he is retired and just having fun with his toys. so i tooled over and he told me that he doesnt drive it out more than 15 miles since he doesnt trust it since one of the front brakes overheated on him about a year ago and the muffler has a hole in it and makes noise. he is the original owner and the van was purchased locally. when i pulled up i could see the bus and it looked perfect no rust/ or body damage less 1 rear end cap and small dent on rear bumper. he put a new battery in it and wanted me to take it for a drive ( i didnt so he drove me around the block) it was flawless with a ton of power. so i asked did it go through alot of oil and he said 25cc a year and it just left a drop of coolant on the ground a month ago. so i asked did it get a rebuild and he said no and that it is the original motor/trans. so how many miles? around 22k so i asked 122k or 222k and he said just 22k in 20 years. everything in the van was the original even the radio block off plate. i just sat there with my jaw open not knowing what to say. i said what did he want for it and he asked if i could do a few maintenace things to the 356s and 911 in trade for the bus and he would cover the parts. so he said i could have it if i took care of it so here i go again with another vw. the bus needs exhaust and nick nacks even the interior has not a spot on the carpet or seats. its just a time warp kinda thing. just had to let every one know that there still out there. c-ya Jonce