Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:06:08 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Sound Deadening-Would BITUTHENE roofing underlayment work?
Comments: To: Brian Butler <bbutler@prodigy.net>

A few years ago I did the inside walls of my Westy with a polyethylene backed, self adhesive bitumen based roofing product. I don't recall the trade name (I may have posted it in the archives).

It was less than 1/8" thick but you could lay on as many layers as you wanted. A roll (like roofing felt) cost me Ca$80.

Didn't make any effort to totally cover body panels.

It worked well for sound absorption.

Alistair

-- '82 Westy -> diesel converted to gas in '94 albell@uvic.ca http://members.shaw.ca/albell