Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:01:26 -0600
From:         "Warren.K.Lail-1" <wlail@OU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: slightly oily plugs
Comments: To: ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@verizon.net>

Hi Bob,

I checked the oil in Dallas and it was still full. I've not checked it since I returned, but I'll do that today. I'm not sure how long to do it, but I'm still running the break-in oil (30wt).I now have 700 miles on the engine, and so I think I'll change the oil again this weekend. I'll run it (30 wt again) to a total of about 1500 miles before I put in the synthetic. Each time I change the oil, I use a new Mahle filter.

So far, no leaks of any kind, either from the coolant, oil, or tranny. It's rather amazing to walk up to this bus and not see a puddle of some kind under there.

Warren Lail 88 Westy "Billy Bones" 87 GL "Long John"

---- Original Message ----- From: ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@verizon.net> Date: Thursday, March 25, 2004 1:15 pm Subject: Re: slightly oily plugs