Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:19:19 -0500
From:         "Warner, Jeff (DSIO)" <Jeff.Warner@DLA.MIL>
Subject:      COW Winter Gathering this Saturday afternoon!

MOOO!

Just a friendly reminder to make plans for this coming Saturday afternoon to attend the Central Ohio Westies Winter Gathering. More details below but to summarize the events of the day:

12 Noon - Arrive and park in a showy way. Noon - 5 - Gathering festivities (more details below) 1 PM - Awesome Pizzas from Flyers 5 PM - Caravan to Ann & Tony's for Italian dinner (optional) Late - Camping in the driveway (optional, electric available)

Festivities during the afternoon may include the following: - Lots of schmooozing around the busses, lifting lids, opening doors, peering underneath, etc. - Hanging out in the shop, bench racing, bench camping, etc. - Plenty of gaming to be had with foosball, ping pong, slot cars, and maybe air hockey. - Lounging in the sunroom (weather permitting) or in the kitchen, family room, etc. - Hot tubbing if you bring appropriate attire and a towel. - A "see how many hippies it takes to lift a 500 pound furnace exhibition". Yes I still have it. Why? - Active sampling of brews and foods as practice for the big sampling at BB&B. Feel free to bring a snacky thing and/or brown liquids to contribute.

So there you have it. Hope I didn't forget anything. Our place is both wife and child friendly but you'll need to keep an eye or leash on any toddler types who might get into things they shouldn't. Typically, wives tend to congregate in the kitchen/den/living room area while the guys head for the shop and the kids head for the playroom. But I wouldn't expect anything typical out of this bunch! See you soon.

Oh yeah, one more thing, you don't have to own or bring a Westy to attend this or any COW event. All VWs and their owners are welcome. Even just an interest is good enough for us! :-)

Jeff

Pmail me if you need more information.

--- In ohiovalleytribe@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Warner" <jwarner6@c...> wrote: > Fellow Tribies (tribees, tribbys, tribbles, whatever!), > > The Central Ohio Westies otherwise known as the COWs for those who > are new, are once again having a Winter Gathering in the Columbus > area. And, once again, as has been the tradition in both clubs, the > COWs are inviting the Tribe to join in. The COWs are a rather small > but friendly group which claim quite a few Tribe members, including > myself, as part of their fold. More can be learned about the COWs on > their seldom visited and mostly neglected Yahoo site: > > http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralOhioWesties > > Anymoo, the following is the official annoucement and invitation to > this event from the COWs Reluctant Header-Upper Stephen Steele. > Please feel free to email or call with any questions and here's to > seeing many of you on the 27th. > > MOO! > > Jeff Warner > Galloway, OH > '86 Wolfy Westy "Barry" > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > > The cold wind has changed over to cool and for at least the last few > days, here in Southern Ohio, you can feel that Spring is around the > corner. > > That means it's time to break out the vans and get them ready for a > new season of camping, caravanning and cruising. > > COW's 2004 Fourth Annual Winter Gathering will be held on Saturday > March 27. Jeff and Jennifer Warner have graciously invited us to > their place in Galloway (SW Columbus) for our annual end of > Winter/start of Spring ritual. > > Directions and the Warner's phone number are below. > > The plans are pretty flexible (as with all of COW's activities). We > can just mosey on in around noon. As soon as a majority are there JW > wants to order pizzas for the crowd and we'll eat sometime after > that. Our typical Gatherings center around talking and gawking at > each other's vans and accessories and the various changes and > permutations they display. A lot of attention is given to any > specific mechanical or trim work that has been/needs to be done. > > Because we will be at a private residence this year, those who wish > to can partake of adult beverages. JW also has a sizeable workshop > and even in inclement weather we should be able to include more > poking and prodding, and touring. Wives & S.O.s who wish to can > mingle and gossip in the house. And we all just have fun hanging > out. JW writes," We can even have a fire in the fire pit unless Frank > shows up." Then, around 5 or so, if anybody is still there and up > for it, we can caravanagon on out to Ann & Tony's again for a > wonderful Italian dinner. (This is the place we went after our second > Gathering... good food!) If anyone wants to spend the night in the > driveway that will be perfectly fine and JW can supply electricity. > > Is anybody thinking about attending EveryBus? How about John Baker's > BNB? We will talk about a couple of dates for Spring camping; working > around EB and BNB... SteeleS are planning on being at both. More > camping and less working (at work and at home and at > volunteering)...how's that for a plan?! > > I would like to ask for an RSVP to both JW (jwarner6@c...) > and me so that we can anticipate the numbers. I plan on culling the > COW List again early this year, as I have done each year. So the > RSVP will serve as both an attendance estimator and a response to the > validity of our membership address list. > > BTW, if your van is not up and ready, we expect you to come anyway! > > Pmail Jeff for directions and phone number. > > Hoping to see you all soon.... > -- > stephen > (still) reluctant header upper of the > Central Ohio Westies