Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:51:22 -0800
From:         Doug in CA <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Very rare item coming up for sale,
              My Corvair gas heater set up for Vanagon

Well folks, I am thinking seriously of selling my Sixties series Corvair gas heater. I bought this heater brand new in the box from an VW hot rod shop a few years back. I have modified it to work quite well in the vanagon under the back seat on the drivers side.

I use copper plumbing at the local Ace hardware to run the exhaust out the side of the van through the rear jack port. You can use your existing wiring to your rear H2o heater to run the gas heater from the dash and add a switch so you can cycle it from the rear bed. It is a very neat item and works great.

I will be asking $375 for it and then put it on e-bay.

I have the original owners manual and installation instructions and have an extremely good understanding of all of its workings, so I can help you get it set up properly.

You buy this at your own risk, gas heaters need to dealt with carefully.

Anybody interested in pics e/mail me at vanagon@astound.net

Doug