Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:34:27 -0700
From:         Andrew Fox <afox@CNR.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Subject:      STRANDED: L.A. Vanagon Syndrome!!!

My buddy, Tommy Drum a fellow listee is stranded in Los Angeles, CA with what sounds like a bad case of Vanagon Syndrome. His van sharply cuts out and dies often while driving, he pulls over turns it off and restarts it and it runs fine for awhile then does it again.

He does not have the skills (wiring, multimeter) to diagnose/fix the problem himself. Can anyone recommend a repair shop in the LA area who has dealt with vanagon syndrom before and can help my buddy? Or are there any kind souls in the LA area who have tackled this problem before and would be willing to help him, im sure he could offer something nice in return? I warned him against bringing it to a repair shop which has not dealt with vanagon syndrome before because I can see him getting charged up the yin yang in labor for unfruitful diagnostics.

Please email me with any information and I will relay it to him via telephone.

Thanks very much in advance!

Andrew Fox on behalf of Tommy Drum