Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:58:54 -0800
From:         Aristotle Sagan <killer_jupiter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ebay Warning
Comments: To: THX0001@AOL.COM

> This is like all the "mandatory" charges dealers try to tack on. Once, a > dealer tried to charge me several bills for a "paint and upholstery protectant > package". I told him that I didn't want it. He countered with, "ALL the cars > get it as soon as they are unloaded." As I started to say, "Good-bye," he said > he would talk to the manager about making an exception. The fool and his > manager (I guess his nametag read Fool's Manager) came back with giving it to me > for "cost". They let me get almost to the door on that one before they > decided to eat the cost of a pint of ArmorAll and the 45 minutes a pimply faced > technician spent applying it. > > If a dealer wants to play these stupid games, you have to learn to play > hardball. > > George >

How true. It's one of the few times in life that you hold all the cards, and they are all green. I never get upset dealing with car dealers, it's my money and if they want it, they play my game. If they don't, and there are some who seem to think my money isn't good enough, I walk also.

Fortunately, I don't do this often. Two cars bought in 10 years fom dealers. And it would have only been one if it hadn't been for that...

tim in san jose