Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:46:41 -0500
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gas tank fill question
Comments: To: Jon Hubbard <jhubbard@QUALCOMM.COM>

Welcome to the real world. Your fill up problems sound normal to me. Most gas pumps have such a strong pressure that the feedback (which triggers the automatic shutoff) happens the moment there is any splashing going on in the fill tube.

A fill up on my Syncros is a time of patience, where I trickle the fuel in at the slowest rate the pump will allow. I can usually get at least 1 gallon, and sometimes more into the tank after the first automatic cutoff.

it also helps to pay attention to the orientation of the ground at the pump. I like to have my Syncro leaning away from the pump and pointed a little downhill. Makes the fill up go a bit faster (and closer to full when the automatic cutoff kicks in.)

More recently it seems that several stations automatic cutoff is even more sensitive than before (making fill ups all that more of a chore.) Except for that one station that didn't seem to have any automatic cutoff....