Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:16:38 -0800
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Cheap Syncro Single Cab found!  $6000 CDN
          SyncroDoubleCabs@yahoogroups.com

Volks, At the end of my driveway I have the 'perfect' Syncro Single Cab for those who do not want to spend a lot of money. I had a fun weekend 4x4ing... probably a little too much fun! :)

We went to one of our favourite near by camping spots for a wiener roast with the kids with my friends 1991 Jeep and my 1987 Syncro Single Cab. I had to winch in and out of the lake area which was quite amazing to watch the whole system work as I was really stuck both times (no lift kit and just highway tires). All of that went fine. Then on the way out we decided to go to the water falls that were near by, which involved going down a small forest road that was about 30cm deep in hard crusty snow. I got stuck again and start winching - the winch was starting to cut out a little as the batteries were getting flat so I revved the motor up a bit. The alternator belt started squealing so I revved it is bit more - clunk clunk and then silence... hit the starter again and I get a click, again and a click, out come the jumper cables and click... go to the engine and try turning it over by hand with an adjustable wrench - it ain't going clock wise... great... now I am stuck, 18km from the main highway and about 300m down a hill that is covered in snow 'boxing' my friends jeep in with a seized motor. To make a long story short it took a 3 ton tow truck and a pile of tow straps, cables and chains four hours at the Sunday rate to get me out and home...

So... here is where you benefit. You can have the truck for $6000 Canadian, includes said blown motor (dual carb setup), Warn 8000 winch, bull bars, side bars, rear bush bumper, canopy, emergency lighting, rallye lights, 5.43:1 final drive transmission with differential lock, plus a full tank of Premium fuel. The motor will turn counter clock wise for about 270 degrees but there is a 'dead spot' where you can not rotate trough. So I would say the motor is still very much rebuildable.

This is a limited time offer though and it is subject to some terms. The time limit and terms are that it must be paid for by April 6th as I am going to Germany on the 8th to the 22nd. You have to come and pick it up from the bottom of my drive way. I don't want to touch it, make phone calls about getting it moved, move it myself or turn a wrench or screw driver on it - FOB the bottom of my driveway. Once paid for it can sit here for up to four weeks free of charge.

After I get back from Germany I will be installing a Turbo Diesel motor into this truck and it will no longer be for sale, at least not a this sweet deal of a price! David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models