Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:09:52 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Roadtrip: Idaho-->New Mexico
Comments: To: mpteleski@YAHOO.COM

Matthew, do you know about "Wall Street" in Moab? It's out Potash Road a couple miles. It's the sandstone face (800') above which is Poison Spider Mesa. The Potash turn off is the first on the right after you've passed the entrance to Arches on 191, if you're heading south. On your left just before the Arches entrance heading north. A favorite of climbers and there are good camping grounds (no elec hookups, but potties) and it can start getting hot this time of year and there is shade. The "Wall" faces south so gets morning through midday sun. And don't forget this list: http://vw.upnorth.net/index.phtml?catid=74 See you............

Bob Stevens

----Original Message Follows---- From: Matthew <mpteleski@YAHOO.COM> Reply-To: Matthew <mpteleski@YAHOO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Roadtrip: Idaho-->New Mexico Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:35:57 -0800

I'm taking off mid next week for a trip from northern Idaho to somewhere around Santa Fe. I'll be driving a gold 86 syncro westy with a tiico engine (front german liscence plate, SA quad grill, no hub caps on the black steel wheels).

I have about 200 lbs of spare parts and tools for this trip and i THINK the bus is ready for it. I also have the HOT A.I.R.S. list with me, of course.

Any recommended places to see? This is my rough-outline: Moscow ID->Boise->SLC->Moab->Cortez->Shiprock->ABQ/SantaFe

Retrun trip is via Flagstaff->LasVegas, baby->MoscowID.

I plan to stop in Shiprock (i'm a climber, so i gotta at least LOOK!), Arches, Mesa Verde, Bryce, & Zion for sure.

Anybody along that route whose #'s I can jot down just in case? Time permitting i'd like to stop for a cup of Java with folks too.

Cheers Matthew

===== Matthew Pollard "Racing with the wind and flirting with death Dept. Of Chemistry So have a cup of coffee and catch your breath" University of Idaho www.ftir.chem.uidaho.edu