Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:43:33 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: [vanagon] Toilet (Porta Potty)
Comments: To: Doug in CA <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>

I traveled all over Alaska for years with the ol' 5 Gal. Plaster bucket, lid, and plastic bags. The bags (double the bags by all means!!) drape over the rim, and when the deed is done, the bags can be sealed, left in the bucket, and the lid snapped down. The rubber "O" ring in the lid makes a "smell-proof" and spill proof seal. The bag and contents can be disposed of at the next dumpijg station. Newer bag solutions are out now, making for happier and easier times, but my system worked and I traveledAlaska and the Alaska Highway with it quite a few times. Works.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver