Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:41:00 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Random Oil Buzzer
Comments: To: eric unrau <eunrau@YAHOO.CA>

The over 2K rpm buzzer is activated by the high pressure switch located at the rear of the engine. The switch closes and completes the ground circuit when the oil pressure is sufficient. A poor or open connection will sound the buzzer so I doubt dampness is a problem here. If the buzzer is actually sounding much below 2K rpm, then there may be a problem with the board for it or it is getting an erratic tach signal from the ECU or distributor pick up coil. Once the buzzer does sound at >2k, it will continue to sound until the switch circuit is completed, even if the engine rpm goes below 2k.

Dennis