Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Apr 2004 08:55:03 -0500
From:         tim <h2oboxer@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Looking to thin out my corral

I am financially unable to maintain two vanagons in the proper tiptop Running condition (who is) and am looking to thin out my collection.

I have a 1985 camper (weekender) that I need to do some work on am looking to sell my 1990 Carat. It is maroon with grey interior. It has 188k miles and is an automatic. I have 5 brand new Michelin XC LT4 P225-70 R14 tires With less than 5k miles. Probably close to 3k since the van has only 5k miles since it's last NYS inspection. It has the Stebro stainless steel Muffler and a Pioneer DEX P4300 XM ready CD player. I have owned the van since 6/2001. The good: Runs excellent. Never had any problems with the van. Used mostly for local Trips and have probably put les that 5k miles per year since owned it. Interior clean, includes jump seats. No rips or tears in any of the seats.

The bad: NYS inspection is expired. Two days before the inspection was due, the windshield took a rock and has since spread a crack in the drivers view. It will not pass NYS inspection without a replacement windshield. Electrical problem with door locks/windows. I have replacement door lock

Mechanisms but have not put the in yet. Only the drivers window goes up and down. Needs rear hatch panel, hatch lock sticks and needed to remove panel To open hatch. Dash light don't work. I replace the fuse, but it blew again. No AC.

The ugly: Not really anything ugly. I bought the van to use as a daily driver to cut down on the mileage on my camper. Has some minor seam rust and is missing the fiberglass cladding behind the sliding door. Some minor dings and dents, But no collision damage.

This van has been a reliable daily driver, but I would like to invest some cash in getting my camper back into tip to shape.

The van is located on Long Island, NY. I am asking $1800 OBO. Photos can be supplied on request. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks