Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:51:40 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Random Oil Buzzer
Comments: To: eric unrau <eunrau@YAHOO.CA>

Eric, I have an 88 GL and had a similar problem.

I was driving when all of a sudden the buzzer went off AND the oil light came on. Stopped the van to take a look. Found my AC belt had broken and had knocked the connector to the high pressure switch off the sensor. I simply slipped it back on and it worked fine.

Also, I bought a new engine, and it came with a new sensor. I drove it home after installation, and got the buzzer and light practically in my own drive way. Discovered the new sensor was bad. I changed it out in my driveway. You do not have to remove anything but a belt or two to get to the sensor. It can be changed simply by loosening it and unscrewing it from the case, and a new one screwed in and tightened. Care not to over - torque the thing. Remember what I said about Phinazee's Rule ---- if you don't know the torque value then tighten finger tight and 1/4 turn. This is especially true on small things lke that sensor.

Good luck.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver