Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:23:27 EST
From:         Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Muffler strap Q 83.5

VW and list vendors show the correct muffler strap fro my 83.5 Water cooled bus as 025-251-521. This strap is approx. 9 1/2 inches long and is too short for replace the current strap that's on my bus. I've checked and doubled checked the part number and bought two straps from different places. Both seem to be the correct part number and both are 9 1/2 inches long.

The strap on my bus is about 11inches long, possibly a bit longer. Did VW use an older style strap on the very early water-cooled engines or somewhere along the line did someone swap in an earlier or later muffler hanging set up in bus? It all seems the genuine VW set up, but the strap, she's just too short. Any idea what's the part number?

I'm going broke buying the wrong muffler strap. Thanks Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA