Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:28:36 -0600
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS: Straight Chrome Bumper w/Rubber Strips

Howdy From Texas,

I just removed a good, straight, chrome front bumper from my 1987 GL. I am going to sell the bumper. I wanted to offer it to list members before I put it on eBay.

It is in good condition, especially for a 17 year old bumper. I am including the black rubber strips that attach to the front of the bumper. They look nice and are in good condition. The black end caps are NOT included, but can be obtained from many list vendors, or you can reuse your old ones.

Please Note: There are two holes in the center where there are usually threaded inserts to mount the front license plate. The inserts are not present in the bumper, but the holes are. You can probably use a punch to pop out your current inserts (if your bumper has them) and put them in place in this bumper (I'd secure them with a little JB Weld). If you don't have the inserts, and you still need to install a front license plate (if required in your state), you can still easily use commonly found hardware to attach your plate (it may be necessary to install the plate on the bumper before the bumper goes on your Vanagon if you go this route). Removal and installation of the front bumper is very easy.

This is a really nice bumper. I will supply pictures to SERIOUSLY interested parties. Just send me an e-mail and let me know if you want pictures.

I don't quite know what the bumper is worth, so I'm taking offers. I'll accept the best offer I receive by NOON, SUNDAY, APRIL 11, 2004 (Central Time).

I accept PayPal (preferred), money orders, and cashier's checks. If you pick up the bumper in person I will accept cash. I don't know how much shipping will be because I haven't packed it yet, and the price will depend upon how far it is being shipped. I live in Austin, Texas, ZIP 78751. I will probably ship via UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. Buyer is responsible for boxing and shipping charges. I will ship the same day I receive payment in full or on the next regular business day.

I sell a lot on eBay and have very good feedback. Check for yourself. My eBay ID is: motor_bruce (make sure you use the underscore, I am not the other motorbruce on eBay).

I reserve the right to cancel this offer at any time.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. The time to ask questions is before you bid. If necessary, I will do my best to estimate shipping costs.

Cheers, Bruce

_________________________________________________________________ Tax headache? MSN Money provides relief with tax tips, tools, IRS forms and more! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/workshop/welcome.asp