Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:53:52 -0400
From:         Carl Hansen <carl_hansen@IEEE.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Spoiler - would it keep the rear glass cleaner?
Comments: To: Jordan VW - Chris <JordanVw@AOL.COM>
Comments: cc: SyncroList - post <Syncro@ONElist.com>

Spoiler.

Possibly, especially if you could show me that it would help to keep the rear window clear of dust/rain/snow. Biggest problem with the rear is keeping the window clear. Run down a dusty road sometime and you'll see how the air flow works to keep the rear window dirty.

Ch carl_hansen@ieee.org

'96 GLX Passat Wagon - they were all green - weren't they? '87 944 na - RED! needs head gasket & tires (but what a sweet ride) '89 SyncroBeast Vanagon - parked for the winter - boo hoo '87 16V GTI - dead, needs rings '80 850 Yamaha Special - burns oil '89 16V GTI w/ toasted motor - needs tranny '99 Beetle - red, red, red (SO's)

Nuw Joisey (Gawd Forsaken State of) (our hearts remain in MinneSnowta)

In a perfect world without walls or fences........ .....................why would we need Windows or Gates?

........... Only a True Jedi Master can touch the dark side ............ and remain untainted!

We will return... when we get back... from where we are going! Ed

Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:11:21 EDT From: JordanVw@AOL.COM Subject: any interest in a rear spoiler for the vanagon?

just wondered if there was any interest in a rear spoiler for the vanagon. would fit passenger vans or westys. its mounted at the rear of the roof. i have found a spoiler from another vw that works well with the rooflines of the vanagon. its hard fiberglass/plastic composition so its easily paintable to match your roof. yes there is drilling required but you have to drill to mount almost any spoiler onto a car. i was in a yard and i sat one of these on the roof of a vanagon and it looks very cool.. low profile, not obnoxios like those aluminum things you see bolted to honda civics racer bois cars.. anyway if there is interest id get some pix. there is a minor mod you have to do to the spoiler to get it to fit the vanagon, but its not hard. anyway let me know.. chris