Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:33:25 -0500
From:         pete owsianowski <pnocean@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: I get no respect
Comments: To: "Justin M.Mayrand" <jmayrand@USADATANET.NET>

I have piloted a bus for only 2 years. It became clear our first trip driving a bus is a different experience for someone who driven American horsepower for a lifetime. We have made a few trips from South Bend, Indiana up to Buses by the Beach near Grand Rapids on 94. Traffic there usually flies along at 75 to 80. Our first trip up, I felt like a gnat in windstorm until I realized there was no way to keep up with traffic and anything over 3500 rpm was not good for the WBX. I now sit back in the seat, dial the armrests to comfortable let the "Wolfpack" fly by at their usual speed. It is a very pleasant drive, with no worries of passing anyone. If we do happen to pass someone, Mom yells out: "Hey kids, we're actually going to pass someone!" We all cheer for Joe's Van.

It's a good life on Bus Time...

Pete '87 Westy "Joe's Van"