Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:53:31 -0400
From:         ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: main bearing torque
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>

The torque on the 6 large case nuts is 37 pds for all the MV 2.1 vanagon engines. I use the same silicone on these as I do on the head gaskets The newer Bentley manuals have this spec located on the quick reference page that is on the back of the book you can not do a large job like this with out the Bentley and why would you try after all is said and done you don't know what you don't know so find someone that does and buy your parts from them and then you can have the tech support you need its always cheaper to do it the right way once

going faster miles an hour I remain Bob Donalds http://www.bostonengine.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 9:10 AM Subject: Re: main bearing torque