Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:55:10 -0400
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: I get no respect

Hmm, sounds like an experience I once had with a goat in the road in Niamey (capital of Niger, which you might have heard of by now in connection with false information about WMDs?). I was driving up a hill downtown - the one hill downtown - in the left lane, car behind me. A goat started crossing the road from left to right. (That's a normal thing to happen in downtown Niamey - we're not talking a major metropolis here. Lucky it wasn't a camel, really, they are a lot bigger.) I hit the brakes so as not to hit the goat. The guy behind me got pissed off of course - "idiot ferrinor white lady, slowing down!" (well, okay, I'm putting words in his mind, he didn't say that) He shifts right, then slams on his brakes like all get-out to avoid the goat, which of course he couldn't see 'cause I was in the way. He didn't hit it, fortunately. Makes people really mad when you hit their goats with your car.

Uh, vanagon content? Well, I'm sure there was some! No vanagons in Niger, alas.

Joy (now safely with Matilda in Norfolk VA... still trying to get my Optima connected, but thanks to John in Va Beach who moved the project along a few steps!)