Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:18:49 -0400
From:         jesse johnson <jjmojo@BLAZENET.NET>
Subject:      torque converter question..

hey all, finally got my used 84 auto transmission delivered.. to my surprise it came with the torque converter... i removed the torque converter to check for leakage at the seal. There was only a little bit of oil around the seal.. but i am going to replace it anyway. My question is this. On the seal surface on the torque converter.. there is a groove .. is that suppose to be there? This is my first run in with an auto trans.. and am a bit of a newbie.. i just want to make sure i don't miss anything before i put the trans in... any info would be grand.. thanks all, jesse 89 carat ps. wanted to thank everyone for there input on whether the 84 trans would fit into my 89 van... thanks for helping me make sure i did not buy a big paper weight!!