Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:16:54 -0400
From:         Eric Zeno <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Re: State of the Art in Engine Swaps is....?
Comments: To: Scott Walker <swalker72@KNOLOGY.NET>

I currently have a 1992 1.8L RV engine Jetta. It can run all day at well over 100 MPH. I really don't know the RPM, as that's not my biggest concert at that speed. German roads are the only reason they would build a vehicle like this. Its not the fastest off the line so I'm assuming there are some real gear in the diff. Top speed is not the real concern.

Eric 86-VW4x4 vw4x4@fyi.net 86-SS Syncro Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler 92-Jetta GWC www.fyi.net/~vw4x4/vw4x4.htm