Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:48:22 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: re drafting big rig
Comments: To: patrick <appin@DISTRIBUTEL.NET>

http://www.lookoutdrift.com/html/videos/cloverleafpromo.asf

Try this site ...............

Stan Wilder

As a big rig driver I have to wade into this one!! Never draft any vehicle. Racing cars do this on an closed track with no opstacles. If you are drafting a truck and that truck has to quickly change lanes because of stopped traffic or somebody pulling onto the road of the shoulder with no signal you are in serious trouble especially if there wer cars catching up to the truck in the passing lane. You might find yourself with seventy five feet of stopping space and at 65 miles or 55 miles an hour this is not enough room to stop. You will have to head for the rhubarb, rearend the vehicle in front or side swipe the car beside you. Even if the trucker knows you are there via the CB and has no problem with it in an emergeny he or she is trying to control that truck and will not have the third arm ahandy to warn you in time with the CB. If someone is drafting me I either speed up or slow down or tell them off on the radio. With modern trucks they can stop fairly fast especially if they have no load in the box. I do not think anybody would want to test there luck. The extra fuel economy is not worth your life or anybody elses. I do not like cars trucks buses motorcycles ufo or anything else drafting or tailgating me. I always try to leave enough room between me and the other person so that if they were to slam on there brakes I would be able to stop safely also. I have 10 million kilometres behind the wheel over fourteen years. I have never had an accident speeding ticket parking ticket or any other violation. Patrick 85 westy keep on trucking!!!!