Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:59:27 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: CV joint noise problem and simple greasing fix
Comments: To: Claudio Cella <claudiocella@SHAW.CA>

I hate to let a potential 'one-upsmanship' situation pass me by without casting my opinions at the group. Over the past 10 years that I've; #1) Owned VW Vans. #2) Done all my own repairs. #3) Not made any car notes. (Sure hated to see those five cars get repossessed) #4) Not purchased other than Liability Insurance. #5) I have bought and restored / repaired and sold about six VW vans. In each situation I found opportunities to 'get creative' on solving simple problems involving lubrication of various bearings. In this process I've developed simple, cheap, tubing or other devices to allow lubrication of front wheel bearings, rear axle bearings, front shifter linkage, tie rod ends, ball joints, rack and pinion steering lube etc. etc. It's just always been my call as to whether the job was worth the labor time or a few bucks to eliminate the labor factor. I've found that most things that work with my VW projects also work on my Ford and GM projects as well. If you got a $100.00 idea that only cost $1.00 like to plastic pipe or the $ 00.98 hobby tubing you should post it here.

Stan Wilder