Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:55:04 -0500
From:         "Donald Baxter / Iowa City, Iowa" <onanov@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Alternator bracket bolts sheared off in the block! Help??
Comments: To: Warren Chapman <vwsyncroguy@YAHOO.COM>

It's hard to imagine being about to get an easy out in that space to work without at least removing the coolant pipe--and maybe more (like the whole engine). My alternator mounting bracket actually cracked once and I can't even get a wrench in position to tighten the second (right side) bolt to hold the bracket on to the block. My new bracket is holding on with just one bolt (and has for years now--i should check the tightness of that one bolt again sometime).

Donald Baxter '85 GL Iowa City

----- Original Message ----- From: "Warren Chapman" <vwsyncroguy@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 4:29 PM Subject: Alternator bracket bolts sheared off in the block! Help??