Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:27:32 -0700
From:         Zoran Mladen <zmaninco@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: [vanagon] Need 2.1 Waterboxer engine for '87 Westie What is
              up with the rods in 2.1s?
Comments: To: Doug in CA <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>

Hey Mike,

Drop me a line. I am in Golden and can probably help you out.

Doug in CA <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET> wrote: What is up with the rods in the 2.1s Is it as simple that they are getting pounded oval and the bearing spins, so you just need to re-size them back to factory and everything is AOK?

Or are there other problems?

I have a buddy with a Sun rod grinding machine and he always does my rods. Just wondering if there is more to tell him than what he has always done to my vw rods in the past.

Thanks,

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: mikapen1987 To: vanagon@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 9:18 PM Subject: [vanagon] Need 2.1 Waterboxer engine for '87 Westie

It appears that I have been struck by the "didn't recondition the rods when rebuilding the engine" syndrome. About 9500 miles, and the top of the block is littered with bearing and rod cap pieces. I need a decent used 2.1 to get me through until I decide what to do with my otherwise very clean '87 Westie. Any leads?

Mike in Colorado

To leave this list send an 'empty' message to