Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:30:51 -0700
From:         Doug in CA <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Removing the rear heater
Comments: To: Kirk Hockin <dochockin@TELUS.NET>

Kirk, I hope you are planning on re-purging the cooling system correct? Even if you pinch the lines close to the T fittings you will get air in the system. Read your Bentley manual, its a bit of a job to purge the cooling system. If you are serious about re-installing the heater later, you will find it very difficult to get at those T fittings in the first place. I recommend you cap the ends and just zip tie them to the inside underseat compartment out of the way and this way they will be there when you put the heater back and no need to purge or crawl under and put the T fittings back and purge again.

Doug ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kirk Hockin" <dochockin@TELUS.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 9:51 PM Subject: Re: Removing the rear heater