Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:32:13 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Age (was slow Mon)
Comments: To: azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET

What's age got to do with it?

Mine's 22 years old- but the motor is a '95 (Golf 2.0) .

Maintenance intensive? Have you ever owned a Beetle or Bus?

If you still have that durn fool WBX then no wonder. I guess for some replacing head gaskets could be considered maintenance.

Marco? Looks like a Aerostar. Cook? Looks like eitheran ambulance or a delivery van.Yuk.

Why do I like my Vanagon Westfalia and no other? Because of it's unique styling that has not been replicated since.

I've reconditioned my '82 interior and mechanically, it's good as new minus the airbags and ABS to me.

I guess perfection for me would be a '91 Westfalia wirth under 1,000 original miles.

I don't think they will like me on the Marco and Cook lists.

Robert K

1982 Westfalia

Volks, Didn't intend to resurrect the Sprinter thread. Yes, I've already looked at the various camper conversions such as the Airstream, but they all lack the versatility of the VW Vanagon Westfalia. It fits in the garage, hauls people, hauls cargo and is a camper, fun to drive and ready to go. But they are getting old (actually, in the same parking lot where I saw the small Sprinter, someone asked me if my '90 Westy was brand new. It does look like it.) and maintenance intensive. So, continuing to dream and surf the net, I came across the new M-B Viano Marco Polo, replacement, I guess, for the Vito Marco Polo. Mercedes van and Westfalia conversion. Seat folds into the bed electrically and cushions inflate to smooth it out, optional electric sliding roof in the popup top, etc. See it here, but it's a bandwidth-intensive site: http://www.mercedes-benz.com/com/e/home/products/campervans/index.html

Jerry

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/