Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:27:30 -0700
From:         gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: uncle ron's radiator flush
Comments: To: Vanagon Man <vgonman@msn.com>

Adam, Does not use or blow coolant yet but I am guessing that when the high speed fan goes on and the temperature keeps rising that it would be just a matter of time before that start happening. I Always offset the rise in temperature by putting on the heater. Makes the cab a bit uncomfortable, particuliarly with the wife and cat next to me complaining of the heat. gary --- Vanagon Man <vgonman@msn.com> wrote: > I bet you are having to add coolant to the car now > and then, or that the > fill tank is overflowing from time to > time....................you got a air > leak somewhere..........I would get under the van > and jiggle hoses and > connections................could be rear heater core > seal, too. > > Adam P > Charleston,SC Coburn, WV > 81 Westy "The Brick " > 70 Single Cab "Whitey" > 74 Beetle "Ol Yeller" > 73 Transporter (STILL at paint shop) > 1988 Vanagon Wolfsburg > 1976 Transporter (New CA bus) > 1974 412 "Goldmember" > Used Vanagon Parts for sale (mostly aircooled) > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "gary hradek" <hradek@YAHOO.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 12:24 AM > Subject: Re: [VANAGON] uncle ron's radiator flush > > > > Eric, > > I am concerned that the previous owner dumped > mud > > in the system to plug the head leak that is now > fixed. > > Van runs with high speed fan on in a high temp > range > > but will come down to normal if I turn the heater > on. > > Kind of a drag having to turn the heater on when I > am > > heading up to oregon near Redding. Any home made > > flush remedies welcome, I am thinking orange peels > and > > lemon. That citrus approach that prestone uses? > > gary > > Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:56:43 -0400 > > From: Eric Zeno <vw4x4@FYI.NET> > > Subject: Re: uncle ron's radiator flush > > > > You are wasting your money. If your rad. is only > 3 > > years old, from > > new, and you are running hot, its not the rad. > You > > would have had > > to dump pure mud in it, and at 3 years old, that > would > > easily flush > > out. What clogs a rad. is the constant heating and > > cooling in the rad. > > Vanagons don't cycle that fast, giving them longer > > life. with clogging. > > There is lots of other reasons for a Vanagon to > run > > hot. > > > > Eric 86-VW4x4 > > vw4x4@fyi.net 86-SS Syncro > > Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler > > 92-Jetta GWC > > www.fyi.net/~vw4x4/vw4x4.htm > > > > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, gary hradek wrote: > > > > > Does anyone have any experiences with busdepot > > > radiator flush. Will it help on a three year > old > > > radiator that may be plugged by someone adding > > > stopleak? How many units should I use? or am I > > wasting > > > my money. Anyone know what is the active agent, > > > thanks gary > > > > > > http://www.busdepot.com/busdepot/details.jsp?partnumber=2506 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > __________________________________ > > Do you Yahoo!? > > Yahoo! Tax Center - File online by April 15th > > http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html > >