Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:11:17 -0700
From:         Tim Schneider <Tim.Schneider@SYNOPSYS.COM>
Subject:      1983 Tiico on rvtraderonline.com

FYI

I have no affiliation with these listings.. just forwarding on to the list Was looking up some other info in rvtraderonline.com and came across these two.

-tim

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/addetaildriver.html?69023512

1983 VOLKSWAGEN Vanagon Camper GL

MILEAGE 164841 PRICE $8,000.00 LOCATION Newport Beach, CA CONTACT NUMBER (949) 221-1000 x223 jbennett@bremerandwhyte.com

ENGINE TYPE Tiico 2.0 Liter In-Line 4 cyl

1983 VOLKSWAGEN Vanagon Camper GL,For Sale: Once Challenged - Now Exotic - Modified 1983.5 Volkswagen Westfalia Full Camper Over $19,000 Invested $8000 obo Besides being my daily driver, this unique vehicle has taken my wife and our two children on several exciting vacations including: Road Trip - California, Oregon, Washington State - June 2000 Yosemite - March & June 2001 Yosemite - March & June 2002 Three week trip through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and back to California - June & July 2003 Current Status Engine: At 32,000 miles, the 2.0 liter four cylinder in-line Tiico engine runs well. This engine produces 118 hp and you can really feel the difference. The engine does not have the bucking syndrome which plagued many stock waterboxer engines of this year. This engine is compared to a 92-93 Golf or Jetta motor, although it is from South Africa and some components are different from those found in a U.S. Golf or Jetta. For more information on this engine, go to www.tiico.com. The odometer mileage of 164,841 is not accurate as I had to have the odometer repaired and the previous owner may have had an odometer issue as well. Transmission: The un-reliable automatic transmission was replaced by a very reliable manual transmission. Europro of Costa Mesa, CA performed this transplant/fabrication and had the donor manual transmission completely re-built prior to the conversion. Interior: The interior is very clean, the front seats were re-upholstered by the prior owner, I had the side and rear windows limosine tinted by the lady who does tinting for Commonwealth VW in Santa Ana. I have the rear screen and all curtains in good condition. The pop top canvas is in good condition with one or two small separations near the canvas-fiberglass connection. I sprayed the canvas with Scotch Guard at Yellowstone last summer and during a week of daily rainfall, the canvas did not leak. The zipper is separating at one spot for a couple of inches on the canvas. The refrigerator, stove and sink all work well. I have all three utility covers - purchased from Bus Depot. Extras: The 350 watt power invertor is wired directly to a deep cycle yellow Optima battery. This makes long trips a lot more fun for my kids as they can play Nintendo. There are also additional 12 volt plugs, both tables (second purchased at GoWesty.com), extensive notebook of all service records during my ownership. No California Buyers Please (Pending CARB waiver) Why For Sale? We have now acquired a newer VW Camper and cannot really justify having two, so the best offer takes it! Email me for photos.