Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:50:42 -0700
From:         developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: PayPal Double Dipping My Account
Comments: To: jon <jon@KENNEKE.COM>

There is no better service than PayPal. Even cash in your pocket can be stolen by a pick pocket or desperate thief. The FACT of the matter is that there will NEVER be an error free method. Companies like PayPal or BillPoint will correct errors and so will service vendors. It is a hassle but with cooperation all will be put right. I've used paypal for years with no serious problems. It is convenient, fast and reliable. I would not let a minor mistake be a problem or prevent me from using paypal again.

The only trouble I had with money was with someone from Asia using the credit cards from our credit union to buy diamonds on eBay (I was one of many.) My credit union flagged the $5,000 purchase, and when I came in to verify it was not my purchase they cancelled my credit card and issued a new one. A hassle? Yes, but problem solved. The person in Asia? Probably never found. I pity the poor slob who lives a life of theft and crime.

It is the stock market crooks who cost me a fortune and no attorney will take on a small potatoes case of less than several $100K like mine. Live and learn. There is little justice for the average person.

Soon these types of crimes will also be confronted as our economy is global now.

The solution? Monitor all your credit card accounts and any other money transfer method and don't keep it all in one basket.

William