Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:23:59 -0700
From:         tomdurkin <tjdurkin@TELEPORT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Exhaust Leak- Temp. Fix?
Comments: To: Matt Sutton <msutts@EARTHLINK.NET>

There is available high temp sealing putty for exhaust applications. I have use the Walker brand with ok results. The trick is having some re-enforcing mesh to hold the putty as it is weak, metal screen works. Be sure to get the area clean, and let the putty dry completely before driving again. Do not expect this repair to last very long. Tom

Matt Said: > So I'm looking for a temporary fix: putty, bandage, etc. > I'd consider having it welded, too, but not sure how much good metal there > is to work with. Ideas? > The good news is that the compression is still the same after 9,500 > miles of hard driving, so at least it looks like I'm just saving up for new > headers instead of a rebuild. > > Thanks, > > Matt Sutton > 88GL