Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:31:38 -0500
From:         patrick <appin@DISTRIBUTEL.NET>
Subject:      re propane conversion

I just finished my propane system so maybe I can give my thoughts. I have modified my hookup so that I can use my barbeque tank or my westy tank. I just added a connection before the regulator and after my westy tank. I also added a three quarter shut-off switch after the westy tank so I have no problems. As for filling your westy tank you can do it yourself. Just make a hose that connects from your westy tank to your barbecue tank. All the parts are easily attained at any barbeque store. connect the bbq tank to the westy intake, open the westy bleeder screw open the bbq tank and flip upside down. Make sure the bbq tank is above the westy tank. When the propane comes out of the bleeder than turn off bbq tank close bleeder and disconnect bbq tank from westy tank. voila your tank is full. I have done this a million times because I live several light years from a propane station and use to have a prpane van that always ran out. Are all fuel gauges in a propane vehicle busted/ Patrick, Appin Ont. 85 westy