Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:23:03 -0400
From:         Kevin <antelopewesty@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Rear Bearings
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>

John, Remove the 3 bolts per bentley then take a good size punch and a big hammer like a 2 1/2 pound sledge and knock that knub on the bottom of the plate away from the bus just through the plate. That's it the plate is off no need to take a part all the brake stuff just take off the line (I wanted to bleed my rear brakes any way to change the fluid). I'm going to do a write up for the BTDT site real soon when I do my other side as I could not find any step by steps in the archives and it would have been a real time saver. Kevin 87 Westy

Kevin, how did you finally get that rear plate off.

John Rodgers 88 gL Driver