Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:10:33 -0400
From:         Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Camping question.
Comments: To: Rob Campbell <rob@PHEMP.COM>

when my girlfriend and i were in seattle last summer for the 4th of july fireworks we camped on the street right across from the piers and the park where fourth of julivars was held for a couple of days. since the meters weren't in action for the holiday it was free :).

generally on our road trip of a month and a half or so we only paid for camping spots a couple of times. you can often just pull off into truck stops or gas stations and no one will give you problems. more often than not we found that when we were out around the van people always wanted to strike up a conversation with us about our trip or our van. i guess in the end it all depends on what kind of "camping" you wish to do. a couple of times we camped in the laundromat lot after a late night of dinner, drinking and laundry.

jonathan