Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:14:52 -0700
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and
              ignored.
From:         Don in Phoenix <02BuellS3T@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] Electrical issue - 1987 Syncro GL

I have received a number of responses both on and off the list, so I thought I would summarize:

There are several electrical issues that I did not mention, as I believed that they were unrelated to this problem. After several e-mails, I see that was an error on my part. There are many things that do not work in this van, I had thought that they were separate issues, but now I believe that the ignition switch is causing all of the problems. Since I removed the jumper that the PO had put in, I no longer have - headlights (except for high beam flashing and parking lights), windshield wipers, clock, rear heat blower or front heat/air blower. The engine starts, I have brake and running lights, the A/C and it's blower work, turn signals work, emergency flashers work and the horn works. I have ordered a new switch from Bus Depot, I will plug it in when received and test to see if everything works prior to installing it.

Thanks to several people suggesting the ignition switch, I used my meter to read the fuses in the fuse block to ground. All of the above systems that don't work, have no power with the key in the "Run" position. I ran a jumper from the battery to the fuse for the front blower, and the blower was working fine. Hopefully, many of my problems with the electrical systems will go away after the switch is replaced. I will be checking the ground point above the fuse block tomorrow, just to make sure that isn't an issue too.

Thanks to all for your help, Don in Phoenix, AZ ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Haynes" <dhaynes@optonline.net> To: "'Don in Phoenix'" <02BuellS3T@cox.net>; <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Cc: <Syncro@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tue 20 April 2004 19:35 Subject: RE: [Syncro] Electrical issue - 1987 Syncro GL