Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:35:10 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: WOW - you CAN get over 20mpg in a westy...
Comments: To: John Runberg <jrunberg@MAC.COM>

My mileage varies up and down from 17 to 22 mpg depending on which way the wind blows and how hard I push it. It seems as though the optimum speed for best mileage is 50-55 mph. I invaribly get the best mileage in that range. Tailwinds it's best, Headwinds it's worse. this was expecially true traveling across the Great Plains on trips.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver